Feeling frustrated by a clogged drain or a blocked toilet? Drain cleaning will clear up the problem in no time! In most circumstances, you can solve the minor issues with a plunger found at your local plumbing supply store.
However, if more than one drain in your home is clogged, you may have a bigger issue on hand. It could be signs of a severe problem in the main sewer line. In this case, you will need to call a professional drain cleaning service to assist you.
Here are some red flags you should watch out for:
- Colored water (brown, red, and yellow)
- Foul, smelling odor from raw sewage or water from the drain
- Water backing up from the drains in the shower, bath, toilet, or sink
- Slow draining water
- Gurgling or abnormal sounds in your pipes
- If you notice any of these symptoms in your home, call us immediately at (714) 497-0869 to schedule a drain cleaning!
A-1 Speedy Rooter and Plumbing, Inc. is the #1 Drain Cleaning Company In Orange County! We specialize in professional and thorough drain cleaning, making your home feel fresh and new! Got an emergency? We offer 24 hour plumbing services! Whether it’s to unclog a drain or a blocked toilet, our emergency plumbers are ready to go when you give us a call! Call Us (714) 497-0869.
Think of it this way: like veins that run through the body, pipes are meant to deliver water throughout your home and are also used to expel the home’s sewage. Clean pipes help the home function and run properly.
However, just as clogged arteries cause heart problems and heart attacks, clogged pipes cause major problems in your home. Keep your pipes clean and cleared out to maintain a healthy home.
More importantly, a thorough pipe cleaning will make a world of a difference to how your home can function and feel. It will also add greater value and comfort to your living situation.
We’ve Found The Culprit! Clogs Unraveled
Clogs are a nasty enemy to your home drainage system. Although it is a natural wear-and-tear issue, proper maintenance will keep them at bay.
What are the most common causes of clogs? Your neighborhood plumber is here to break it down for you.
- Soap Scum
- Dirt and Sand Buildup
- Food Waste
- Baby Diapers
- Feminine products
- Small objects
- Flushable Wipes
- Mineral Buildup
- Tree Roots
- Maintaining your pipes with occasional drain cleanings is a great way to make sure your pipes are clog-free. Therefore, we recommend hiring a professional drain cleaning service as a routine maintenance measure for your home. Although it’s common to call on an as-need basis, it doesn’t hurt to safeguard your home’s pipelines before the damage is done.
- Routine preventative care is essential.
- Don’t flush objects, diapers, or feminine products down your toilet.
- Dispose of all grease, oil, shellfish waste, and food scraps in the trash or compost.
- Use a drain filter for your kitchen sink and a hair catcher for your bathtub drain.
- Take regular measures to maintain a clear drain.
- Pour hot water down the kitchen sink every week to wash out any residue that has built up.
- Lastly, once a month, clean out any hair from the drain and drain stoppers in the shower.
DIY Drain Cleaning Without Chemicals
Our clients often come to us with questions for plumbing maintenance. If your garbage disposal is clogged or you’re wondering how to clean your sink drain, you can try any of these DIY drain cleaners.
Baking Soda and Vinegar Mixture
- Baking soda and vinegar is a classic combination that can clean every part of the bathroom and kitchen, and the drain is no exception.
- Boil some water in a kettle, and pour it down your clogged drain, reserving some of the liquid for later.
- Then, take a mixture of 1/2 cup of baking soda and 1/2 cup of white vinegar and pour the liquid down the drain.
- Leave the liquid to sit for about 10-15 minutes.
- Proceed to pour the reserved boiling water down the drain, which should help clear any blockages.
Try a Plunger
- A plunger utilizes air pressure to forcefully clear away blockages and break up any clogs in the pipe.
- First, remove the drain covers or stoppers from the drain’s opening.
- Place the plunger over the drain opening, and pump the plunger to create suction.
- Without letting go of the suction, fill the bathtub with enough water to cover 1-2 inches of the plunger, and begin to pump the plunger with water from the tub.
- The suction and air pressure combined with the force of the water will create enough motion to move and break up any clogs or debris within the pipe, thereby clearing the pathway.
Avoid Chemical Drainers
- Chemical drain cleaners may be a cheap, shortcut, short-term solution, but will, unfortunately, end up causing more long-term damage (including to your health).
- Call us instead! We’ll do all the dirty work, and will thoroughly clean your drains without the chemicals that damage and corrode your pipes, saving you and your home money in the long-run.
A-1 Speedy Rooter To The Rescue!
- We use cutting-edge technology to help you solve your plumbing needs, and when it comes to proper drain cleaning, pipe inspection cameras are effective in detecting and pinpointing the exact cause of the blockage.
- Our highly trained technicians are quickly able to get to the core of the problem and address it with the exact solution.
- Tree roots are usually the main culprit of a breakage in the main sewer line, and our technicians will immediately spot this with a pipe inspection camera.
- Finally, in the case that your main pipeline is clogged because of residue buildup, we suggest our services in Hydro Jetting, which will be an effective way to clean out your pipes. Our plumbing technicians will use a tool that utilizes a high-pressure water hose that is capable of cutting through layers of grease and dirt buildup, leaving your pipes clean, clear, and fresh.
A-1 Speedy Rooter and Plumbing, Inc, offers solutions to all your plumbing needs! In addition to drain cleaning, we offer services for water heater leaks and repairs, repiping, toilet repair and installation, shower installation, faucet installation and repairs, and more!